Back country skiing
- Affiliated with the FQME
- Daily or seasonal access
- Mandatory FQME membership fees
- Visit the FQME site to become a member and for more information. (indicate Tyroparc in the “Reference” field)
- Day pass: $15
- 19 years old and over : $95
- Less than 19 years old : $55
Backcountry skiing at Mont Catherine is offered in collaboration with the Fédération québécoise de la montagne et de l’escalade (FQME). To participate it is mandatory to be a member of the FQME; annual or daily memberships are available.
Our easily accessible backcountry ski slopes allow you to experience the adventure of backcountry skiing while benefiting from the amenities of a resort.
With access to our parking lot, toilets and our reception chalet*, backcountry skiing is rarely this simple.
The Mont Catherine offers almost 200 meters of altitude difference on 3 different backcountry ski slopes of different level : easy, intermediate and advanced.
Three different options of ascension trails, varying in length and steepness, are also available.
*(access to the chalet is subject to Tyroparc opening hours)
What is backcountry skiing?
Backcountry skiing includes sliding sports (alpine skiing, telemark, snowboarding or split board) which are practiced in mountainous environments, where the ascents are done autonomously (non-motorized), for example with the help of climbing skins or snowshoes.
The descent is on an ungroomed slope.
To enjoy your favorite sport while being insured against accidents and unforeseen events, you must be an FQME member!
- You are responsible for your safety. Backcountry skiing is a self-guided, non-patrolled activity.
- Make sure you have a cell phone; in case of emergency, contact 911. (Keep your phone in a pocket close to your body to preserve its battery charge.)
- Avoid skiing alone: for safety reasons, it is highly recommended to ski with a companion.
- Follow the FQME mountain safety guide.
- Review the site map and instructions before starting your activity.
- To avoid losing personal items during the activity, keep everything in a sealed pocket or securely fastened to yourself.
You must be a member of the Fédération québécoise de la montagne et de l’escalade (FQME) to purchase your access pass to Tyroparc.
When skiing, you must have the following in your possession and present them during on-site checks:
- your proof of FQME membership (annual or daily),
- your Tyroparc access pass (seasonal or daily),
- a photo ID.
Tyroparc reserves the right to revoke the daily or seasonal access pass and exclude any person they deem a risk to him/herself or to other participants.
The full payment is required to purchase an access pass.
No cancellations. Season and daily access rights are neither refundable nor transferable.