The Via Ferrata is a hike on a rock cliff equipped with metal anchors and steel cable to facilitate and secure the activity. A Via Ferrata is a mix of hiking and rock climbing.
Different Via Ferrata routes offer a variety of difficulty levels and are supervised by certified guides.
You will start the activity by taking a 450 meter hike from the chalet to the foot of the cliff of the Cap Beauséjour and the start of the Via Ferrata. From there you get into the ascent of the rock wall of over 60 meters high, the equivalent of a 20 floor building. Along your path on the continuous life line, on top of steps and handles you will also cross different types of bridges, all allowing you to reach the top of the cliff. Thrills guaranteed.
At the top, (or on your way up if you are game), you can admire winter views of the entire region of Ste Agathe-des-Monts. From the top, you will go down the mountain on a hike of about 700 meters to reach the Tyroparc base camp.
- Put on good winter boots suitable for hiking
- Dress comfortably depending on the temperature and the weather, winter apparel is mandatory
- Gloves are mandatory and we strongly recommend that you carry a spair pair of gloves during the activity.
- Make sure that what you will carry on you can be stored in a closed pocket or attached to you to prevent it from falling during the activity
- If you have long hair, make sure it is tied back or confined
- A face cover is required when distancing is not possible
- Follow your guide
- The activities take place rain or shine. The management of Tyroparc reserves the right, for security reasons (weather conditions, storms), to suspend or postpone the activity. In this case, your activity would be postponed to a day and time of your convenience and according to availability.
- You must check in at Tyroparc 30 minutes before the start of your activity in order to receive the safety equipment and briefing
- For the Via Ferrata, minimum weight is 100lbs (45 kg) and the maximum weight is 220lbs (100 Kg).
- For children, minimum age is 10 years old and kids must be at least 1.70 meters tall from their feet to the top of their fingers when arms are raised,
- The operator reserves the right to exclude any person he/she deems a risk for him/herself or to the rest of the group. The participant understands that he/she may leave the activity for any reason whatsoever without reimbursement.
- Pregnant women cannot take part in our activities
- If you have COVID19 related symptoms, please advise us as soon as possible by contacting us by phone at 1-819-324-2002
During the low season
- The offer may vary according to the freeze/thaw period
- A minimum number of participants may be required for a week day departure time
- If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call us at 819 324 2002!
The full payment of the activity is required to complete the reservation.
In the event of a cancellation or modification (date, time, number of participant) within a period greater than 48 hours before the activity, a partial refund of 90% of the total amount is possible. A 10% transaction fee is non refundable.
It is possible to reschedule your activity at a later date without any transaction fee.
In the case of a cancellation or modification (date, time, number of participants) within 48 hours before the day of the scheduled activity, no refund will be possible. (72 hours for groups from 10 to 20 people).
In case you are unable to be present due to illness, it is possible, with valid proof from a doctor, to reimburse the person concerned.