- Via Ferrata
(a mix of rock climbing and hiking on a cliff face)
- 2 Mega Zip lines totaling 1.5 km in the air
- Via Ferrata
- adult (16 years and older) : $80
junior (10 to 15 years old) : $65
* Some age, weight and height conditions apply
- Duration approx. : 2.5 hours*
The Via Ferrata is a hike on a rock cliff equipped with metal anchors and steel cable to facilitate and secure the activity. A Via Ferrata is a mix of hiking and rock climbing. Different Via Ferrata routes offer a variety of difficulty levels and are supervised by certified guides.
You will start the activity by taking a 450-meter hike from the chalet to the foot of the cliff of the Cap Beauséjour and the start of the Via Ferrata. From there you get into the ascent of the rock wall of over 60-meter high, the equivalent of a 20-floor building. Along your path on the continuous life line, on top of steps and handles you will also cross different types of bridges, all allowing you to reach the top of the cliff. Thrills guaranteed !
At the top (or on your way up if you are game), you can admire views of the entire region of Ste Agathe-des-Monts.
From there, after a short hike on the cliff top, you take your first flight on our highest and longest mega zip line, at 115 metres above the ground and 900-meter long, to the other side of the mountain. After that, no need to hike, your guide will hook you up for your second flight of 650 meters, which brings you back to the the foot of the cliff of the Cap Beauséjour.
*The activity duration may vary according to weather conditions, the number of participants and their skills.
- Put on good sports shoes suitable for hiking
- Dress comfortably depending on the temperature and the weather
- Gloves are optional
- Make sure that what you will carry on you can be stored in a closed pocket or attached to you to prevent it from falling during the activity
- If you have long hair, make sure it is tied back or confined
- We recommend that all participants carry a reusable water bottle that can be secured to the harness or a small hydration pack (mandatory during heat waves),
- Follow your guide
- The activities take place rain or shine. The management of Tyroparc reserves the right, for security reasons (weather conditions, storms), to suspend or postpone the activity. In this case, your activity would be postponed to a day and time of your convenience and according to availability.
- You must check in at Tyroparc 30 minutes before the start of your activity in order to receive the safety equipment and briefing
- For the zip lines the maximum weight is 308lbs or 144kgs, Maximum waist size is 52 inches or 132 cm.
- For the Via Ferrata, minimum weight is 100lbs (45 kg) and the maximum weight is 220lbs (100 Kg). Some exceptions possible, contact us by phone.
- For children, minimum age is 10 years old and kids must be at least 1.70 meters tall from their feet to the top of their fingers when arms are raised,
- it is possible for children to participate in the zip lines in tandem with an adult.
- Please note, depending on wind conditions, for safety reasons and on the instructions of the guides, you may be obliged to go down the mega-zip lines in tandem with another adult.
- The operator reserves the right to exclude any person he/she deems a risk for him/herself or to the rest of the group. The participant understands that he/she may leave the activity for any reason whatsoever without reimbursement.
- Pregnant women cannot take part in our activities.
- If you have COVID19 related symptoms, please advise us as soon as possible by contacting us by phone at 1-819-324-2002
When booking you must provide a credit card number to guarantee your reservation. In the event of cancellation or modification (date, time, number of participants) within a period greater than 48 hours, no fees will be incurred.
In the case of a cancellation or modification (date, time, number of participants) within 48 hours before the day of scheduled activity, the amount for the total number of participants for the activity will be charged on your Card
(72 hours for groups from 10 to 20 people).
In case you are unable to be present due to illness, it is possible, with valid proof from a doctor, to reimburse the person concerned.