The Via Ferrata is a hike on a rock cliff equipped with metal anchors and a steel cable to facilitate and secure the activity. A Via Ferrata is a mix of hiking and rock climbing.
Different Via Ferrata routes offer a variety of difficulty levels and are supervised by certified guides.
The difficulty level of the La Beauséjour via ferrata route is intermediate to advanced, therefore this activity is recommended for informed participants, contact us if you have any questions.
You will start the activity by taking a 450 meter hike from the chalet to the foot of the cliff of The Cap Beauséjour and the start of the Via Ferrata. From there you get into the ascent of the rock wall of over 60 meters high, the equivalent of a 20-floor building. Along your path on the continuous life line, on top of steps and handles you will also cross different types of bridges all allowing you to reach the top of the cliff. On the trickier parts of the cliff, more elaborate structures have been installed such as:
- Wood beams installed where it is more difficult to walk on the cliff
- Monkey bridges made of two steel cables one above the other, one to stand on and another to grab with your hands.
- Nepalese bridges made out of three steel cables, one to step on and two others to use as railings.
- Catwalks made of wooden beams and steel cables
- A chain swing, a chain used to swing between two sections
- A ladder suspended perpendicular to the cliff facing the open air.
Thrills guaranteed !
At the top, (or on your way up if you are game), you can admire views of the entire region of Ste Agathe-des-Monts. From the top, you will go down the mountain on a hike of about 750 meters to reach the Tyroparc base camp.
The Via Ferrata offers a different perspective on the Laurentians mountains and is another way to spend some exciting outdoor time.
* The activity duration may vary according to weather conditions, the number of participants and their skills.
- Wear season-appropriate closed-toe shoes suitable for hiking.
- If you require medication, make sure to carry it with you during the activity.
- Please make sure to carry a reusable water bottle that can be secured to the harness or a small hydration pack.
- Backpacks are not recommended, but if you must use one to carry a water bottle or medication, please use a small backpack.
- Long hair must be tied.
- Avoid wearing jewelry, especially on your hands.
- To avoid losing personal items during the activity, keep everything in a sealed pocket or securely fastened to yourself.
- The tip for your guides is optional.
- For the Via Ferrata, the minimum weight is 88 lbs (40 kg) and the maximum weight is 264 lbs (120 kg). As a safety precaution, we will perform a weight check prior to your activity. Maximum waist size is 52 inches (132 cm). The harness must fit safely on the participant.
- Participants must be at least 10 years old and have a minimum height of 5’7″ (170 cm) when measuring from heels to fingers while their arms are raised.
- Pregnant women cannot take part in our activities.
- The activities take place rain or shine. Tyroparc reserves the right, for safety reasons (weather conditions, storms), to suspend or postpone the activity. In this case, your activity would be postponed to a date and time of your convenience and according to availability.
- Tyroparc has the authority to remove anyone it perceives as a risk to themselves or the group. Clients are free to exit the activity at any time, for any reason, without being entitled to a refund.
- We highly recommend booking in advance to ensure the activity’s occurrence and to secure your preferred time slot.
- The actual duration of the activity may vary according to factors such as weather conditions, the number of participants and the skill level of everyone in the group.
- A minimum number of participants may be required for the activity to take place.
The full payment is required to complete the booking.
48 hours or more before the activity (72 hours for groups of 10 or more), it is possible to:
- modify the activity (reschedule or change the number of participants) without transaction fees.
- cancel your activity and receive a 90% refund. A 10% transaction fee is non-refundable.
Less than 48 hours before the activity (72 hours for groups of 10 or more), no refund nor modification are possible.
In case you are unable to be present due to injury or illness, it is possible, with valid proof from a doctor, to refund the person concerned.