The Via Ferrata is a hike on a rock cliff equipped with metal anchors and steel cable to facilitate and secure the activity. A Via Ferrata is a mix of hiking and rock climbing. Different Via Ferrata routes offer a variety of difficulty levels and are supervised by certified guides.
You will start the activity by taking a 450 meter hike from the chalet to the foot of the cliff of The Cap Beauséjour and the start of the Via Ferrata. From there you get into the ascent of the rock wall of over 60 meters high, the equivalent of a 20 floor building. Along your path on the continuous life line, on top of steps and handles you will also cross different types of bridges all allowing you to reach the top of the cliff. On the trickier parts of the cliff, more elaborate structures have been installed such as:
- Wood beams installed where it is more difficult to walk on the cliff
- Monkey bridges made of two steel cables one above the other, one to stand on and another to grab with your hands.
- Nepalese bridges made out of three steel cables, one to step on and two others to use as railings.
- Catwalks made of wooden beams and steel cables
- A chain swing, a chain used to swing between two sections
- A ladder suspended perpendicular to the cliff facing the open air.
Thrills guaranteed !
At the top, (or on your way up if you are game), you can admire views of the entire region of Ste Agathe-des-Monts. From the top, you will go down the mountain on a hike of about 750 meters to reach the Tyroparc base camp.
The Via Ferrata offers a different perspective on the Laurentians mountains and is another way to spend some exciting outdoor time.
* The activity duration may vary according to weather conditions, the number of participants and their skills.
- Put on good shoes suitable for hiking
- Dress comfortably depending on the temperature and the
- Gloves are optional
- Make sure that what you will carry on you can be stored in a closed pocket or attached to you to prevent it from falling during the activity
- If you have long hair, make sure it is tied back or confined
- On day with high temperature, you must have a water bottle which can be attached to your harness (example clip or carabiner)
- Follow your guide
- The activities take place rain or shine. The management of Tyroparc reserves the right, for security reasons (weather conditions, storms), to suspend or postpone the activity. In this case, your activity would be postponed to a day and time of your convenience and according to availability.
- You must check in at Tyroparc 30 minutes before the start of your activity in order to receive the safety equipment and briefing
- For the Via Ferrata, minimum weight is 100lbs (45 kg) and the maximum weight is 220lbs (100 Kg).
- For children, minimum age is 10 years old and kids must be at least 1.70 meters tall from their feet to the top of their fingers when arms are raised,
- Outside of these limits, if judged safe by our guide, the participants will be roped to the guide.
- The operator reserves the right to exclude any person he/she deems a risk for him/herself or to the rest of the group. The participant understands that he/she may leave the activity for any reason whatsoever without reimbursement.
During the low season
- The offer may vary according to the freeze/thaw period
- A minimum number of participants may be required for a week day departure time
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call us at 819 324 2002!
When booking you must provide a credit card number to guarantee your reservation.
In the event of cancellation or modification (date, time, number of participant) within a period greater than 48 hours, no fees will be incurred.
In the case of a cancellation or modification (date, time, number of participants) within 48 hours before the day of scheduled activity, the amount for the total number of participants for the activity will be charged on your Card
(72 hours for groups from 10 to 20 people).
In case you are unable to be present due to illness, it is possible, with valid proof from a doctor, to reimburse the person concerned.